Monday 18 April 2016

Bariloche

I arrived in Dina Huapi 1st April to visit and stay with my friends Carina and Mark and their two children Emily (17 yrs) and Mateo (13 yrs). 

Llegué a Dina Huapi, 1 Abril, para visitaba con mis amigos Carina y Mark y sus hijos Emily y Mateo.

Llao Llao Hotel. This is where the very rich people stay in Bariloche

This is were I stayed at Mark and Carina's house - after 5 years back in
 Argentina the construction of the house is a work in process

From left me, Carina, Mark, Mateo and Emily

Mark and Carina share a drink of Mate

View of Lake Nahuel Haupi from the town of Dina Huapi


I am also here to go to school for 2 weeks to try and improve my Spanish. The Spanish school is in the small city of Bariloche a 30 minute bus ride from Dina Huapi. Lessons start at 9am and finish 1pm. There are only two of us in my class and for 4 hours a day we speak no English and have had lots of interesting discussions about Argentinian history, politics and culture. Carina and Mark have also been very patient with me and we try and speak mostly in Spanish. 


Bariloche is a small town situated in the Lakes District and lies within Nahuel Haupi National Park. The area is a paradise for hiking, water sports and ski-ing in winter.


Vine a esta lugar también fui a la escuela Academia Bariloche para aprendar español. La escuela se quede en Bariloche, una ciudad pequeña adentro Parque Nacional Nahuel Haupi. Tomé un colectivo por treinta minutos a la escuela. Empezaba la clase al nueve por la mañana hasta a la una por la tarde el lunes a viernes. Solo dos estudiantes en mi clases y hablábamos en español todo el tiempo sobra la historia, la política y cultura de Argentina. Carina y Mark hablan español conmigo también y estaron muy paciente conmigo.


The square/plaza in Bariloche

View of Lake Nahuel Haupi during drive around the pennisula (Circuito Chico)

Spanish class. From left our teacher Graciela, me and Judith

Outing with the Spanish School. From left school owner Gloria with students Judith (US), me and Katie (US)

Walking near Bariloche at Lake Guiterrez.

My body clock has also had to adjust to a different rhythm here. Many shops close 1pm - 5pm and no-one eats dinner here before 9pm as I had discovered when I went to a restaurant earlier in my travels at 8pm to find I was the only person there. By 10pm when I was ready to leave the place was rocking.

I have also been getting kissed a lot (on the cheek) as this is how everyone greets each other here. Plus more kisses when you say good bye. And no matter where you go: work, hiking etc everyone takes their Mate to drink and share with friends.



El tiempo es muy diferente aquí. Las tiendas cerraban desde a la una hasta a las cinco. La gente comía a las nueve o más tarde. Antes cuando fui al restaurante a las ocho estuvo vació pero a las diez estuvo lleno y ruidoso.

Recibió muchas besos aquí porque siempre la gente se le da besar cuando saludaba y cuando dejaba. Todo del mundo bebió Mate aunque estaba trabajando, caminando, visitando.  Todos las cosas hacer es importante paraba para beber Mate con amigos



Rest stop for Mate on walk

Track sign

Drinking mate on top of  Cerro Llao Llao

Another view from Mt Llao Llao

There are also many other not so healthy activities here in Bariloche such as  eating gourmet ice cream, homemade chocolates, sweet pastries, Dulce de Leche (described by Wikipedia as candy milk), Batata (sweet potato paste), Mantecol (peanut paste),  Alfajores (biscuits/cookies usually with a dulce de leche filling), plus there is fantasticly good and cheap wine to drink for as little as $6 a bottle. I have been doing my best to indulge in all this as much as possible.


Hacia muchas actividades y tentaciones también que no bien para la salud por ejemplo: helados artesanal, chocolate artesanal,  Dulce de Leche, Batata, Mantecol, Alfajores, y por supuesto vino muy bueno y más barato que Nueva Zelanda.  






But of course all good things must come to an end. I spent my last two days in Buenos Aires where I met up with my friend Valeria and also had a bag stolen. Luckily it did not contain my money, passport or bank cards.


El ultima fin de semana fui a Buenos Aires  y encontré a mi amiga Valeria. Durante mi visitante los ladrónes robaron mi bolsa. Por suerte el bolsa no incluye plata ni pasaporte ni tarjeta de banco.

 
Palace of the Argentine National Congress in Buenos Aires


Me and Valeria enjoying a wine at Café Tortoni
This is the most famous café in Buenos Aires frequented by many
of Argentina's rich and famous



No comments:

Post a Comment